Friday, August 12, 2011

I Knead Bread!

I love bread~it is so wonderful! I savored fresh doughnuts, pretzels, and rolls when I toured parts of Germany in 2002. My Grandma Duren made amazing breads, doughnuts, and cinnamon rolls throughout her lifetime. Growing up, I remember her spending most of her time baking goodies in the kitchen. I really enjoy baking and sharing what I make with neighbors, family, and friends.~

Last weekend, I made some very good cinnamon rolls and this week I decided to make some zucchini bread with a fresh zucchini from our garden. I also made some wonderful banana bread~so yummy! I am including the recipes for the breads.


Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together all dry ingredients in one bowl and the liquid ingredients in another. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.



Zucchini Bread

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together all dry ingredients in one bowl and the liquid ingredients in another. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and mix well. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-60 minutes.



Nummy...enjoy!~


No comments:

Post a Comment