Sunday, May 15, 2011

For the Love of Shoes...


SHOES~SHOES~SHOES!

What do you do with old running shoes? NO one would ever want to wear these "puppies" with all of the miles they have seen! I found this idea for putting old shoes to good use in one of my running magazines. My grandma loved marigolds and so I thought of her today as I filled my shoes with her favorite annuals.

Many beautiful moments and miles have occurred while I have been wearing my running shoes. Running has provided me the needed time to think, reflect, and to make some very important decisions during my lifetime. It has been my stress-reliever on many rough days. After Scott passed away I used the time during many running miles to reflect and to work on forgiveness. I do not listen to music on my runs, instead I find myself focusing on the world around me and appreciating all I see and can hear. Today on the trail I smelled the beautiful lilacs and flowering crab trees. It is fun to see and hear everyone out and about enjoying the sunshine and keeping healthy. My advice to anyone who needs time for thinking and reflecting~Find something you love to do and see the beauty, joy, and relaxation in everything that surrounds your interest.


               
 These are my new beautiful "loves" for this spring.
                                     

Asics makes the best marathon training shoes (at least in my opinion) and my "favs" for the moment happen to be Asics Gel Kayano 17. I think they are just so amazingly gorgeous...Don't you agree?

Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment